Sample Problem on Rankine cycle
Known: water is the working fluid in an ideal Rankine cycle. The condenser pressure and turbine inlets states are specified.
- Each component in the cycle is analyzed as an open system operating at steady-state.
- All of the processes except the turbine are internally reversible.
- The turbine is adiabatic and the pump is isentropic.
- Condensate leaves the condenser as saturated liquid.
- No shaft work in the boiler or condenser.
- Changes in kinetic and potential energies are negligible.
Schematic and Given Data:
Pcondenser = 0.18 bar
Pboiler = 48 bar
Tboiler = 480⁰C